Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Your Bones Have Been My Bedframe

After that last, most pathetic post, I suppose I ought to give you and update, eh?

I made it through Sunday. Actually, I was pretty proud of myself. I managed to get through the workday in one peice and prove myself useful. I admit, though, by the time four rolled around I was more than ready to go home. I crashed out. Monday wasn't any better. Actually, it was worse, truth be told. I went home sick. Its the first time in years that I can recall going home sick from work with something that didn't have anything to do with my headaches.

I did get to work early, and I got the store open. I took four tables before my replacement was able to get there. I was so very thankful when she did. I had spent most of my morning in the bathroom throwing up, and that's no way to be when you're in a restaurant. I tried really hard to pull it together and be brave. I don't know that I succeeded, but I tried and for me, that's what counts.

When I got home I tried to eat a little bread and some spaghetti. That didn't work, really. I passed out on the couch, because I was frankly too tired to move into the bedroom and I wanted to have one of the girls close to me if I needed them. While I was asleep Hedgewitch came by and brought some tea for me to drink which is supposed to help with colds and flus.

I managed to get dinner down, sort of. I had roast beef and potatoes and green beans. I managed some strawberries and peaches. Everything tasted awful, truth be told. I have a really sensitive palate and when I'm sick everything tastes weird. I swore the peaches were fermenting, turns out it was just the sugar they were soaked in. Ah, well.

I set myself back up on the couch and sort of stared into space for a while. Kitten gave me a massage and tried to get all the tension out of my back and neck. All the throwing up and sneezing and coughing was giving me a headache on top of everything else. I finally relaxed enough to maintain a text conversation with Flyguy for a while. I fell asleep in the living room floor, which was the most comfortable place I could find to rest.

I remember I had a phone call from one of my new coworkers who wanted to know if I wanted to smoke hookah with her. It was late, I think. After I passed on the offer, for obvious reasons, I drug myself off to bed and fell asleep. I woke up when my fever finally broke.

This morning I was up by seven and feeling way better than I have in days. I've been resting. I try to eat as much as possible, although that's not terribly much, because everytime I eat I feel sick to my stomach. At least I'm not still throwing up, right? My best hope is by tomorrow I'll be feeling almost normal and I can enjoy at least one of my two days off.

My accomplishment today was I bathed and I got dressed. Tomorrow my goal is to get out of the house and do something, anything, that isn't lay around. I'll get bored and sickly again if I keep laying around watching special features on all of my DVDs. Watching television for too long always makes me feel like crap. Its part of the reason I'm here at the computer, boring you with tales of me being sick. It gets me off the couch, if only for a little while.

I'll probably follow this post with some sort of nonsense, since I actually feel like writing. If I were smart, I'd apply all this listless energy to my book. I should get on that, you know...

We'll see. The cold dark months are coming, though you couldn't tell since we're back in the 60's today. Once the snow hits, I'll want to be writing all the time. I know, because I spend most winters with my fingerless gloves on at the computer writing. Here's to hoping this year I produce something worth selling.

I'm signing off for now. Stay tuned for some nonsensical drivel, and hopefully no more boring health updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment