Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just Like a Dragonfly

Happy Leap Day.

Today is a day of transformation. Its a good day to take your pst and reenvision it, and to look towards your furture and make something beautiful out of it. I know I've already taken the time to think of the things I need to focus on, to remake and to move forward with. I hope you will too. And excellent exercise. Get yourself a white candle and light it. Spend time with yourself and look at yourself closely. What is it that keeps you from moving forward in your life? What is it that you need to take control of? Visualize yourself making the changes you need. See your life moving forward with positive progress and happiness. you can make this change for yourself. I know you can. You should know you can too.

I'm really excited. I spent the morning reworking a spell I worked last September. Its better than it was before and I feel completely empowered because of it. I'm excited too, because we ordered some great stuff from Isis Books and Gifts online, and it cam in the mail yesterday. I had a little suprise too, Kitten ordered me a pentacle charm with the symbol of drawing down the moon over it. I loved it. In case I've never mentioned it, Drawing Down the Moon is when a witch invokes the goddess, drawing her into herself and using it as an opportunity to speak with ehr and understand things that may have not been clear beafore. It is one of the most beautiful and powerful rituals we have in the craft. Its very empowering. I have never done it, and am planning to do it for the first time sometime this spring. I think it will be a wonderful experience.

We also got a huge load of herbs. As a general rule, there's a lot that we can obtain locally. Our health food store has a huge selection. Sometimes, though, you have to order online. When I went to the store last week and asked for Squill, they looked at me like I had sprouted horns, bless their hearts. I know its hard to come by, but it was worth a try. I also got a High John the Conqueror root int he mail. I am going to need several. I've been reading my new book on Hoodoo that Hedgewitch got me, and I think nearly everything in their calls for one, and I'm not able to find them locally. Some of the stuff we ordered was a lot bigger than I expected. The four ounce packages were huge! you don't think about how much four ounces is until you get it in the mail. I was really suprised. Also, I'm going to have to go buy a lot more jars to hold them so I can put them on my new spice rack that Kitten built me. Its huge and covers one of the walls in our kitchen. What's sad is we already need to add more shelves.

I also got soem new books, which I never say no to. One is on covencraft itself, which I think I will find immensly useful. A couple of them are on the wheel of the year and various pagan holidays, another thing I can always use more reference books on. I read part of one last night, and I don't think it will be long befor eI tap into the rest of them. They're rather calling my name as we speak.

Tonight we get to go see Memphis Ballet with mom, and its going to be a lovely time. I still haven't decided what I'm going to wear. I have a feeling I'll probably wait until right before we leave before I decide. I'm such a girl like that.

So that's the update. Life is good. Hope yours is too.

AGxx

No comments:

Post a Comment