Right, well, I'm up really early, so I thought I would post this. Its one of those forever long surverys that kind of gives you the basics of a person without telling you a whole lot about them. However, if you were a new friend of mine, you'd probably be interested in knowing these things. Also a good refresher course for someone that has known me a long time and doesn't really want to think "hmmm. I don't remember alecya's favorite color."
Also, might be interesting for you to post on your blog, or in my comments, if you have time. Something to think about.
Also, if any of you who have been aroudn a while remember it, I was thinking of doing 99 truths and a lie. Would anyone be interested in that?
Also, I kow I spaced some of this and didn't space other parts. I tried to make it easy to read, I might have failed. I also made an effort to actually answer some of these questions, where I felt like a clever two word answer wasn't really going to help you get to know me.
name: Alecya Giovanni (nope, I'm not telling you my real name. If you friend me on facebook you can find out there)
date of birth: January 3
birthplace: Middle of Nowhere, MO
current location: Middle of Nowhere, MO (god save me)
eye color: blue grey
hair color: brown, with natural red and blonde highlights. Right now I've got black lowlights to even out the growth from when I dyed my hair black...
heritage: British and Irish (a WASP? Me?)
peircings: My ears twice, my nose once. I used to have my tongue and navel peirced but I took them out.
tatoos: Three rune charms across my shoulders, a pheonix in the center, two runes down the middle under the pheonix, a Celtic knot in my tramp stamp spot, two arabic words on the tops of my shoulders and a pinup riding a revolver sidesaddle on my hip.
band/singer: Brandi Carlile (right now)
song: Um, current varies from day to day. My all time stranded on a a desert island, this is the only song you ever get to hear is Hotel California by the Eagles.
movie: Gone with the Wind
disney movie: Lelo and Stitch
tv show: another that varies. Season 3 of Tru Blood just came out on DVD, so its probably going to be my new favorite. I don't watch TV unless its on DVD.
color: black until they make somethign darker. pink or red.
food: meat in any form
pizza topping: pepperoni
ice cream flavor: neopolitan, or chocolate chip with flakes not chunks.
drink (alcoholic): Mimosas if I'm being girly, neat scotch if I'm not. If I drink beer I like imports like Tecate (Mexico) If I have to drink American beer I want either Budweiser or Miller Lite
store: Envy (a boutique in my town)
clothing brand: I like eclectic stuff, but if I'm at the mall Express hands down
shoe brand: Candies or sketchers
holiday festival: Halloween and Christmas
flower: Yellow roses tipped in red, jasmine, cupid's dart, forget me nots, irises, magnolias
makeup item: black eyeliner. Its the only thing I put on every day.
board game: Scrabble. Beat me. I dare you.
THIS OR THAT
sunny or rainy: Rainy
chocolate or vanilla: chocolate
fruit or vegetable: potato
night or day: night
sour or sweet: both, together if possible
love or money: love
on phone or in person: In person
looks or personality: personality
coffee or tea: hot tea, long black cut with cream
hot or cold: hot
goal for this year: finish my second book, send out query letters (check), quit smoking (I'm trying, i swear!)
most missed memory: my grandfather
best physical feature: my eyes
first thought waking up: five more minutes
hypothetical personality disorder: OCD. I compulsively mop, vaccuum and straighten couch cushions.
preferred type of plastic surgery: Um, I want my teeth fixed. Other than that, I dont think people really need the enhancement. If I want to look thinner I'll exercise and tone. I hate the idea of pumping plastic and botcholism into my face and body to meet someone else's ideal of beauty. I think I'm a decent looking girl most days. Surgery isn't going to change the things I don't like about myself.
sesamee street alter ego: Grover. (SUPER GROVER!)
fairytale alter ego: Snow White
most stupid remark: I'm never stupid
worst crime: Wasting love
greatest ambition: publish a novel, have it make Oprah's book club, be asked to contribute to the New Yorker
greatest fear: Dying alone
darkest secret: Its a secret for a reason, though I dare to venture, if you read here frequently enough, you'll hear plenty of mine. I just won't tell you "This is the part where I divulge a secret of mine"
favorite subject: books, specifically the ones I am reading or writing. Wait- does this mean school subject? English.
strangest gift received: I got a vest one time that looked like a dead raccoon
worst habit: I talk too much
smoke: yes. I'm down to about half a pack a day, unless I'm super stressed or I'm drinking.
drink: socially. I fully admit I used to have a drinking problem. I choose now to only drink, in small amounts, with friends and on special occasions. I refuse to drink to cope. There are better ways to deal with life.
curse: hell yes
shower daily: *nervous glance* OF COURSE! Truth? I'm bad about the showers. I do wash my hair every day. I won't leave the house without clean hair. Showers are debateable.
like thunderstorms: yes
dance in the rain: every time I get the chance
sing: yes, I'm pretty good at it, though not nearly as good as Oscelot
play an instrument: several but none of them well
get along with your parents: sadly, no
wish on stars: yes
believe in fate: yes, but I also believe you have a hand in your own destiny
believe in love at first sight: No. I believe in like at first sight and lust at first sight. Love is a deep connection that requires you to know a person. I do, however, believe that you are predisposed to love some people. For exmple, I loved Perpet nearly immediately. I think we have an instinct that tells us when someone important has come into our lives.
sew: yes, but I can't use a sewing machine. I do fancy work. If you need a hem, ask Kitten. If you want some serious embriodery done or some sequins replaced I'm your girl.
cook: yes. My Grandpa was a chef. He taught me to cook. Its why we're on a perpetual diet in our house. I like fattening foods.
speak another language: Yes. I speak two poorly, I'm working on a third. (French, German, and Chineese respectively)
dance: yes. Love it. Can't ever dance enough. (even if its only in my living room or front yard)
sing: yes. See previous.
touch your nose with your tongue: No. But I can do other fun things with my tongue. Does that count?
curl your tongue: yes
HAVE YOU EVER
been drunk: yes
been stoned/high: yes
eaten sushi: No. I'm allergic to fish. It makes me nuts.
been in love: yes
skipped school: yes
made prank calls:yes
sent someone a love letter: yes
stolen something: from a store? No. From an ex? Hell yeah...I'm an Ex-lover klepto. I have
taken something from every person I've slept with more than once. I still have most of them too.
cried yourself to sleep: yeah
what annoys you most in a person: People who are two faced. Liars. People with delusions of grandeur. People who avoid confrontation. I like a person who is up front.
are you right or left handed: right
what is your bedtime: This is a topic of controversy in my house. Kitten gets up early. She wants me to go to bed at 9 with her. If I had my choice, and what normally happens, its between 11 and midnight.
name three things you cant live without: Kitten, Oscelot, Perpet. Also, food, water, air.
what is the color of your room: Blue with pink polka dots
do you have any siblings: yes, but I'm estranged from him.
do you have any pets: yes. Five cats Delylah, Voodoo, Purrsephanie, Munkostrap (Bubba for short) and Evelyn. We also feed all the strays in our neighborhood.
would you kill someone you hate for a million dollars: Never. Karma comes back.
what is your middle name: elizabeth. (ooops! There, see some actual personal information)
what are your nicknames: Um, Shera, Panther, xx
are you for or against gay marriage: If you don't know the answer to that, you shouldn't be my friend
what are your thoughts on abortion: I am glad I'll never have to make that choice. It's a woman's decision, but it should be considered seriously and NEVER be used as a form of birth control.
do you have a crush on anyone: Always. I'm firmly of the opinion it is possible to be in a committed relationship and still find other people attractive. Crushes are natural. I'd be lying if I said I didn't have one. The question is, who is it? :)
are you afraid of the dark: no
how do you want to die: In the arms of someone I love
how many posicles have you eaten in one day: Who knows the answer to that? 115.
would you take a bullet for the one you loved: Could I say I loed them If I wouldn't? Yes, of course I would. Although, I'd venture to say there are other things worse than taking a bullet for someone you love. I'd do all of them too.
what's the last law you've broken: Uh, none that I can recall recently unless you count occasionally going a little faster than the speed limit.
IN A MEMBER OF THE SEX YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO
hair color: dark
eye color: that's debatable. I'm married to a brown eyed girl and dating a blue eyed one. I can see the merits of both. Lets say I like them to have eyes, and I wish my blue eyes were brown. I think its what's in and behind a person's eyes that make them beautiful, not just the color.
height: Usually my height or shorter (5'9" or less, if you're curious) but I won't hold it against someone taller than me.
most important physical feature: smile
biggest turn off: Stupidity
Because I was on my Facebook this morning and saw this old meme I had filled out, I've updated it, and added it too. Some of these obviously apply to facebook, but I've tried to make it clear when that's the case...
1. Last beverage: A can of Coke
2. Last phone call: The Lifeguard
3. Last text message: Perpet (God love her, she was up when I was at 4 this morning)
4. Last song you listened to: The last one I remember listening to was Bye Bye Bye, by N*Sync. One of my friends on facebook got me earworming them yesterday.
5. Last time you cried: From sadness? Earlier this week. From happiness? Sometime recently I'm sure.
HAVE YOU EVER:
6. Dated someone twice: Yes. Now I'm married to her
7. Been cheated on: of course
8. Kissed someone & regretted it: no. I think if you decide to kiss someone you better be sure you want to. I don't ever regret showing affection to people.
9. Lost someone special? yes
10. Been depressed?: isn't that sort of a standard thing nowdays? Yes. I used to be on depression medication. I actually don't need it now. I think its proof my life is better than it used to be.
11. Been drunk?: *rolls eyes* Never.
LIST THREE FAVORITE COLORS:
THIS YEAR HAVE YOU:
15. Made new friends: yes. And they're pretty awesome. I've also renewed some old friendhsips and I'm grateful for that too
16. Fallen out of love: no
17. Laughed until you cried: yes, I actually do that pretty frequently.
18. Met someone who changed you: absolutely
19. Found out who your true friends were: yes
20. Found out someone was talking about you: isn't someone always? I work in a restaurant. If there wasn't someone talking about me, I'd be shocked.
21. Kissed anyone on your friend's list (on Facebook): yes! And not just Oscelot (kitten isn't on Facebook)
22. How many people on your friends list do you know in real life: all of them. I don't friend people I dont know
23. How many kids do you want to have: none. See my post, why my children would hate me, part 1 and 2
24. Do you have any pets: I covered this earlier
25. Do you want to change your name: I want to change my last name. What I would change it to is up for debate right now.
26. What did you do for your last birthday: Got drunk and sang karaoke
27. What time did you wake up today: four thirty (am)
28. What were you doing at midnight last night: sleeping
29. Name something you CANNOT wait for: I'm getting out of town in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to that. Long term? Getting my book published.
30. Last time you saw your father: I was 4
31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life: I'd like more money
32. What are you listening to right now: the sound of the ceiling fan in the kitchen. My cats running around because I'm not paying attention to them
33. Have you ever talked to a person named Tom: yes
34. What's getting on your nerves right now? Nothing in particular.
35. Most visited Webpage: Outside of mine? And my email account? Probably Facebook. I check it religiously.
36. What’s your real name? Alecya Elizabeth Giovanni
37. Nicknames: we covered this before. I have others, but you have to be reeaally close to me to know them
38. Relationship status: Married and dating
39. Zodiac sign: Capricorn
40. Male or female: female
41. Elementary: hickory hills
42. Middle School: hickory hills
43. High school: glendale high
44. Hair color: brown
45. Long or short: long. I'm actually aiming for it to hit my elbows before I start cutting it again. 46. Height: 5'9"
47. What do you like about yourself?: my sense of humor, my eyes
48. Piercings: right now nose and ears, i took out my navel and tongue ring
49. Tattoos: ten
50. Righty or lefty: righty, but I can use my left hand tolerably well for most things
FIRSTS: 51. First surgery: never
52. First piercing: 8 years old, ears
53. First tattoo: 18, lower back
54. First best friend: my neighbor's granddaughter Brandi
55. First sport you joined: softball, at 21
56. First pet: Jerry, a black snauzer
57. First vacation: 6 Flags st. Louis
58. First concert: All 4 One 59.
First crush: Boy? Timmy Johnson in 6th grade. Girl - Rachel Kraft (she looked like Gillian Anderson) There was also a girl about that same time named Tally. She was awesome, but I didn't realize until much later that I had a crush on her.
60. First alcohol drink: Fuzzy Navel
61. Eating: had a coconut crumb doughnut about an hour ago
62. Drinking: nothing
63. I'm about to: crawl back in bed for a couple hours
64. Listening to: The cats, the fans, the traffic outside
65. Waiting for: my day off tomorrow
66. Want kids?: no
67. Want to get married?: want it to be legal? yeah.
68. Careers in mind: writer
WHICH IS BETTER WITH THE SEX YOU'RE ATTRACTED TO?
69. Lips or eyes: eyes
70. Hugs or kisses: kisses
71. Shorter or taller: my height or a little shorter
72. Older or Younger: another toss up. Kitten is older than me, Oscelot is younger. I like them to be mature, how's that?
73. Romantic or spontaneous: yes
74. Nice stomach or nice arms: It doesn't matter. Both are great. If you really want to get me going, I like a nice back.
75. Tattoos or piercings?: why not? If its sexy and well placed.
76. Sensitive or loud: yes
77. Hook-up or relationship: relationship
78. Trouble maker or hesitant: cautious trouble maker. I like the onery ones
HAVE YOU EVER:
79. Kissed a stranger: yes
80. Drank hard liquor: yes
81. Lost glasses/contacts:yes
82. Sex on first date: I try not to, but yes. I've actually had sex before the first date a couple of times.
83. Broken someone's heart: yeah
84. Had your own heartbroken: god yes
85. Fallen for a friend:oh yeah
86. Turned someone down: yeah
87. Cried when someone died: yes
88. Liked a friend?: god yes
DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
89. Yourself:I try to
90. Miracles: I'd like to.
91. Love at first sight: I believe in like at first sight
92. Heaven: sort of?
93. Santa Claus: I see him at the mall every year
94. Kissing on the first date?: if i like them
95. Angels: sort of?
96. If you could go back in time, where would you go? I don't know I would. I'd screw something up.
97. Had more than one boyfriend at one time? no. But I've had more than one girlfriend at a time. And I've dated more than one person at a time (with their knowledge of course)
98. Do you believe its possible to remain faithful forever? yes
99. Are you afraid of falling in love? not at all
100. Posting this as 100 Truths?: No, because its going on my blog.
Well, that's a start on me. Did this silly survey leave out anything you wanted to know about me? Feel free to ask in the comments. I'm a pretty open book.