Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm Determined to Survive on this Shore

So I promised some writing, and its likely that's coming, but Ithought I'd put a little mention to you about my book I'm writing first.

So, I got this crazy idea in my head to write (another) lesbian novel about five months ago. I got a good start on it, and I'm enjoying the characters immensly. The concept is I have two lesbians that hate eachother stranded on an island together in a Survivor type reality show. Its fun, I promise.

I was thinking earlier about how I needed to get back to writing on it, seeing as how I should have finished the damn thing by now. I popped open my Word file, and I reread part of it to get me back in the mood. I was excited, I was ready...then I realized I am in depserate need of some research. So I'm off in the world of learning about the tropics right now, and not doing any writing so to speak of. I could research later, but lets be honest, since I have to do it, I might as well do it now and get it over with.

I'm thinking I am going to have to aquire some books on the subject to be conversant about it, and I'm off hunting for those shortly. In the mean time did you know:

If you burn coconut husks at a cmolder it repels mosquitos?
If you burn the stinging part off of nettle, you can eat it? (The stinging part hurts, trust me on this one)
Plantains can be used to treat muscle soreness if you soak them, but the seeds are a laxative?
Green bamboo will explode in a fire?
Almond trees grow in most tropical locations?
Tropical days have equal length of day and night?
Fish from reefs are more likely to be poisonous?

I did not know these things until tonight.

Its amazing the things you're forced to learn when you decide to write a book.

Lets hope my characters make it out okay. Its looking like I would be dead in the water.

AGxx

No comments:

Post a Comment