Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Greatest Gift of All

So, I decided to sign on long enough to say that my birthday was fabulous. I'm not normally a big fan of birthdays, honestly. It seems to me like celebrating the day you were born is pointless, because all the things you do after it are what count. This is the first time in heaven knows when I've actually been off the day of my birthday. I normally work. I didn't ask off or anything, Tuesday is just normally my day off, so I suppose I got lucky.

I stayed up late last night because I could, and it was a good time. Flyguy came over and played Taboo and Uno with us. We had a very nice time, so when the time actually came in the ring in the date of my birth I found I was laughing and happy.

I woke up this morning and the girls took me to breakfast. It was nice. My grandmother and my mom took me to the shoe store too, and bought me two new pairs of absolutely beautiful boots. It was sweet of them. I think I get to lunch with them tomorrow, which means more to me, honestly, because I don't get to see my grandmother as much as I would like.

We had a relaxing afternoon and I got to go have Japaneese for dinner, which is my favorite. We actually had nice people at our table too, which was even better. I like it when we can actually enjoy the company of the people who sit with us.

The best thing, though, without a doubt, was that I had so many kind friends taking the time to call, facebook or text me birthday wishes of happiness. It meant a lot to me.

I realized tonight how lucky a woman I am. There are so many people in my life who care about me. That's a better gift than anything I could ever have purchased for me in a store. I will go to sleep tonight knowing that whatever comes in the next year of my life there are people who love me, who want me to be happy and successful. That is worth more than anything else I can think of.

I hope tonight finds you all quite well and happy. Goddess knows I am.

Love you all
AGxx

No comments:

Post a Comment