Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Walk This Empty Street

I've really let the blogging get away from me this month. Part of it is I've had so much going on I haven't really had time to sit down and write. Part of it is i just haven't had much to say. I do have a few interesting tidbits though, so I thought I would share them.

We went out on Tuesday for Shorty's 21st birthday. It was the week before, but we all had to coordinate schedules, so Tuesday it was. We had a really nice time. The day before Shorty and I had a girl's day and went shopping for her birthday outfit. She chose a black and white dress and a pair of coral heels that made her as tall as me. She looked adorable. I chose a black and white skirt and top set, so the whole group ended up going out in black and white as a fun way to theme ourselves. The girls even got together before the party and did our makeup together. I've never really done that with a bunch of girlfriends. It was a lot of fun. Also, shorty has a TON of makeup. Seriously. It was awesome.

I remember at one point we were sitting in the tapas bar we had selected for our initial destination and we were all laughing and talking. I looked around the table and for a moment it seemed like something out of a movie. All the people were different, but conversation flowed beautifully. We were laughing and having a good time. We were all in bvalance with each other. It was so nice. I realized I have a great group of friends. I'm pretty damn lucky.

We ended up migrating to a fondue bar, which kinda sucked, and rounded out the night at a karaoke bar. Kitten, Oscelot and I sang. It was the first time that most of the group had heard us sing. I was really nervous, though I didn't have a reason to be. Even if I sucked, they would never judge me. I think I sang okay. I did have a good time though.

This month I also read the first two books in the Hunger Games series. Finally. I really like them. I think they're well written. Not as gory as I expected, but still appropriately bloody. I liked the characters. I liked the writing style. I'm glad aI read them.

Kitten goes to do her final nail down of the internship stuff tomorrow. I'm excited for her. I know she'll be great. I can't wait to see her come home flushed and happy with her own success. I am so proud of her. As the time approaches for her to leave, I know I'll be anxious. I've been clingier than usual. I want to be near her all the time. I realize more and more each day how very much I love her. She's such a special lady. I'm luckyto have her.

That's the short version of this month so far. I'll try to get back and actually talk sometime soon. Now that I'm at the keyboard, I have a lot on my mind.

AGxx

No comments:

Post a Comment