Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Someting Wicked This Way Comes

So I found this survey on Sakura's blog and I absolutely loved it, mostly because its Harry Potter based and also because I love surveys. Thusly, you are subjected to another one, this time with a decent theme...

Harry Potter: Tell us about a scar on your body 
 I have a scar on my knee from when I was a little girl. I was at my preschool and we were having a "circus day" where we all dressed up like circus animals and preformed for our parents. I fell in the parking lot and cut my knee. For some reason it scarred. Its round, almost nearly a perfect circle, and for some reason, I really like it, it gives my knees character. 
 
Hermione Granger: What is your favorite book, how many times have you read it, and why do you love it? 
 Um, honestly, if you count the book I've read the most times its probably a tie between Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell and The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas. I've read both of them more times than I can count. I love Gone with the Wind because I think its beautifully written and I love the characters. I think Scarlett is a brilliant female anti-hero. There's definitely a sense of pageantry about the book too, and I like that. The Count of Monte Cristo really resonates with me as a person.  I love the Count as a character, and I love the story itself. Revenge and personal redemption mixed up with action and drama thrills me. The layering of the book, and the use of foreshadowing is amazing. Its long, but for being written as a serial novel, its wonderfully cohesive, and the words are never wasted. 

Ron Weasley: Something you're afraid of? 
Once upon a time my first answer would have been spiders, but I've been working on outgrowing that fear. I think my biggest personal fear is letting the people I love down, or for them to stop loving me for something I have done. I don't know that there are a lot of tangible things that I actually fear...so I can't really name something that I can hold in my hand. 
 
Luna Lovegood: One thing that makes you different from everyone else. 
I won't say everyone else, but I do think that my bluntness is unique to most of the people I know. I'm pretty out there, and I won't put anything out there that I won't back up. I'm a very in your face kind of person, and sometimes that means I come on a bit strong, but I wouldn't know how to be any other way. 
 
Fred Weasley: Can you do any magic tricks? What is the best one you can do? If you can't do any, what's the best one you've seen? 
I can do a couple of card tricks but that's about it. I've seen some pretty amazing card tricks too. As far as illusion magic, I haven't seen enough of it in person to have a real answer, although I have to admit I went through a period where I was addicted to Cris Angel's Mind Freak, and I love the stuff that he does. 
 
George Weasley: What is the best prank you've ever played on someone? 
The best? I mean, those are usually pretty mean...my favorite prank is to put powdered milk or powdered gravy mix in someone's yard early in the morning in the summer. It gets wet with the dew and smells awful. But like I said, pretty mean. There was once in high school we took the top off a friend of our's jeep and filled it with boiling water and jello during a weekend he was away. It was the middle of February, so he had a jeep top full of jello when he came back. That was pretty funny. (Yes, we put the soft top on so his stuff didn't get ruined.)
 
Neville Longbottom: Tell us an embarrassing story. 
Oh, lord. Okay, when I was eighteen I had been doing some stuff that kept me up for a few days. I went to a friend's house after we had been clubbing and I yawned and got lock jaw. It had happened before so I just tried to relax so it would go back into place. Cue me falling asleep and my jaw dislocating, coming right off the hinge. When he took me to the emergency room and so I wouldn't have to be by myself he told them he was my boyfriend. That was awkward enough because he was a good 12 years older than me. On top of that, the people in the emergency room wouldn't believe I had done it yawning, so I got a lot of very unprofessional insinuations and big dick jokes while I was there. They gave me several shots in my butt, and thought nothing of asking me to depant in front of my supposed boyfriend. I had on shoe string style thong underwear...I was so mortified. 

Narcissa Malfoy: Do you have a good relationship with your family? Who are you closest to? 
Um, I think I have a better one than I used to. Its not what I would like it to be, but sometimes it hard to be close to people when you are very different from them. I was always very close to my grandpa, who passed when I was a teenager. Now, I'm not sure who I would say I am closest to. Honestly, I have a better relationship with Kitten's parents than I do with my own...
 
Voldemort: If you were to create a Horcrux(s), what would it be and why? 
I wouldn't. Because I would never kill anyone for any reason. If, in theory, I could do it without killing someone, I would use my wedding ring. 
 
Bellatrix Lestrange: Have you ever loved someone who could never love you back? 
Yes. Its painful. But you overcome somehow. I have also been on the flip side of that coin, and its not any easier. 
 
Ginny Weasley: Have you ever been in love with an unexpected person? 
Um, no. I don't think you can love someone unexpectedly. I think real love springs from admiration and respect for a person. Yes, it can come on suddenly, and sometimes I think it can surprise you, but I think the person is never truly unexpected if you really love them. 
 
Hedwig: If you went to Hogwarts, what kind of pet would you bring? (ex: cat, owl, rat, frog) 
You know, I have so many cats that I don't think I could answer anything other than a cat. But I would like to have an owl. Who wouldn't?
 
 Draco Malfoy: Is it better to be feared or to be loved? 
Loved, I think. Fear is a lonely place. 
 
Rubeus Hagrid: What is your favorite mystical creature? 
I assume this means something non-corporeal. I'm fascinated by salamanders and udines. 
 
Dolores Umbridge: Make a list of rules that your family (or whoever you choose) would have to follow if you made the rules.
Wow. Since I make the rules in my house this is pretty easy. Everyone does their fair share. Everyone supports everyone else. Decisions are made my consensus when possible. Everyone is respected and loved for who they are, and given help when needed. When you're angry, you wait, and think before you speak. Everyone gets to have their opinion heard. 
 
Lucius Malfoy: What is your most prized possession? 
My wedding ring. 
 
Molly Weasley: What is the proudest moment of your life? 
The day I married Kitten. 
 
Dobby: Who are you most loyal to? 
Myself. 
 
Sirius Black: Have you ever been accused of doing something you didn't do? 
Of course. 
 
Argus Filch: What's the worst job you've ever had? 
Oh, lord...I've had a few I didn't like. The most tedious was when I worked for an embroidery company. The work was dull, and the machines were loud. 
 
Dudley Dursley: How many presents do you usually receive on your birthday? 
I always ask for none. This last year I got three. I don't think there's really an average...
 
Peter Pettigrew: Are you a leader or a follower? 
I'm a leader. Not always a good one, but I try really hard. I think its harder to be a follower, because you have to trust the person you are following has good intentions. 
 
Cedric Diggory: Have you ever had a near death experience? 
None where I was on death's door or anything, but there were a few times where I thought I was going to die. As in, it medically looked like that might be a possibility. It gives you perspective. 
 
Albus Dumbledore: What is the greatest obstacle you have ever overcome in your life? 
I'd say my drug addiction, because that was a hard thing to beat...but truly, learning to not stand in my own way was harder. I think it was also the root of all the other bad habits I have had to overcome. There was a period in my life where I was always making the wrong choices, and I think I was almost doing it consciously, because I didn't care enough about myself or my own success. Learning to value myself, and not stop myself from being a valuable person...that was hard work and it took a long time.  

Minerva McGonagall: What is your favorite spell? 
In real life? I don't know about favorites, but I am very good a protection work. Those spells are the easiest for me now. Although I've done a few that were more dream oriented, and I love those. 
 
Severus Snape: Are you a trustworthy person? 
for the most part, yes. Everyone screws up, but I do my very best to be honest to everyone and to keep confidences given to me.                                                   
 
Remus Lupin: If you transform into any one animal or creature, which one would it be? 
This is a toss up between a panther and an owl. I love big cats but I would like to know what it feels like to fly. 
 
Uncle Vernon: What is your favorite day of the week? 
Wednesday. Its my first day off and I have it to myself. It gives me a sense of possibility and hope. I feel I can accomplish things on Wednesday. 
 
Mad Eye Moody: Who is the bravest person you know? 
Kitten. 
 
Arthur Weasley: What do you think is the best "muggle" invention? 
The internet. No doubt. It does so many wonderful things. It can be awful, but it can also be amazing. Some of the greatest things that have ever happened to me were a result of me having been on the internet at some point. It has shaped my life in unimaginable ways. 
 
Professor Sprout: What is your favourite class that is offered at Hogwarts? 
I think I would really love herbology. 
 
Nymphadora Tonks: If you could change one thing about your appearance what would it be? 
My teeth. See, I could, if I wanted to go to a dentist and get them fixed. So the true answer is probably nothing. 
 
Moaning Mertile: What is something that always makes you cry? 
When people are hurting and I cannot help them. 
 
James Potter: Would you risk your life to save someone you truly love? 
Yes. If you truly love them there is no other answer. 
 
Lily Potter: What color eyes do you have? 
Blue. 
 
Professor Trelawney: Have you ever dreamt something was going to happen and then it happened? 
Yes. In my family its called premonition and most of the women in my family have it. Its scary sometimes, and sometimes its comforting. I've dreamed of people I love getting hurt, and I hated that. But then, I dreamed of Flyguy coming into my life, and that was a wonderful premonition. 
 
Mr. Ollivander: What would your wand look like? 
I don't know. It would be dark. Probably springy. And I imagine it would have a pheonix feather in it. 
 
Lavender Brown: Who is the last person who texted and have you ever had a crush on them? 
The last person to have texted me was Felix, and no, I have never had a crush on her. 
 
Cho Chang: If you were on the Quidditch team, what position would you play? 
Chaser
 
Aunt Petunia: What is your favorite flower?
Roses. Any color. As long as its a rose. You know, I should post a picture of my roses sometime soon. They are blooming like crazy now that its finally rained a bit. I look out my window in the morning and see waves of beautiful pink and red roses. Its lovely. 

There you go friends. More survey action. Most of which I don't think I've covered before.  Except maybe that I have blue eyes. Most surveys talk about that, though, don't they?

AGxx

1 comment:

  1. Haha. Like this a lot. Maybe I'll make a blog >.>

    - Felix

    ReplyDelete