Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I Just Want to Thank You

So I'm sitting and relaxing after my first day back at work after two days off. I've got a glass of Rumchata and Gaslight Anthem is playing. I'm pretty happy.

We had a good time on our trip. The ride down was a little rough for me, I had a headache, but I slept most of the way, so I fet better after we got to the hotel and I got some food in me. Instead of going to the lovely mcCoy's Public House where we normally eat we went to Joe's Pizzeria, which was deicious, even if they didn't have public bathrooms.

The bar we went to for the concert was interesting. There was definately a big Yuppie crowd. I saw a lot of artful layering of cashmeres and high end peasant looks on the ladies. The men were rocking the campy glasses and $200 flannels. It was...interesting. Fortunately, the food was amazing and the bartenders were awesome.

The opening act was local and honestly, she left a lot to be desired. We were sitting directly at the bar, about as far as you could get from the stage. It wasn't too far, really, we could still see and hear everything. I ignored her after I discovered she was awful and rather boring. The main act, Katie Herzig, was great. We haven't seen her preform since right before we started dating Oscleot. She's really matured as an artist, and I loved the show. She's got a little more edge than the last time we saw her. It was a great show. Afterwards she hung around and talked to everyone. We chatted her and her guitarist Jordan up, and it was a good time. They posed for pictures, which was really nice. We now have all four of her albums with her signature, which is cool, because inevitably, she'll get big and we won't be able to do that anymore. It happened with Brandi Carlile. We're just waiting for it to happen with her.

The hotel was an experience. We were on the top floor and the wind was so strong it was pretty scary. Kitten and I shared a bed and Oscleot shared one with Precious, Kitten's best friend. She was a bit of a pain in the ass this trip. She had too much to drink, wound up hungover and sleeping through breakfast. She's a picky eater, so she didn't like her lunch. We finally broke down and got her some sonic on the way home, because we couldn't deal anymore.

We spent the afternoon hanging out with Cat, Kitten's sister, who is moving away this week to the wilds of Wisconsin. We won't see her for a while, so it was nice to spend a little time with her too. Her and Brother took us to a great cafe that only used locally sourced ingredients. Lunch was awesome. We went flea marketing and hit the local bookstore. All and all a good time.

Back to work today and it was nice and easy. Oscleot is coming back to Casa Bueno a few days a week to make some extra money. It will be nice to have a leg up when Kitten leaves and even better to have some cash socked back for all of our secret suprise rennovation projects, which look like they're going to be easy, because all of our friends are volunteering to help. I just have to talk Flyguy into helping me lay some hardwood floors. I think he'll do it. I just want a manly type to help me weild the saw. They make me nervous, even after all these years.

I was chatting with Mrs Boss today and we got to talking about teas, and then projects for the house, and the hours for Oscleot and she made mention something that totally suprised me. I might have mentioned that Kitten is coming on board at Casa Bueno to bus tables for our upcoming holidays because we are so busy and totally short staffed at the moment. I guess she was talking to our Kitchen Manager and she told me her and Mr Boss agreed with her that Kitten deserves a fair shake at looking for a new job when she comes back. We've been stressed since Kitten will have to quit at the Happy Waffle to do the internship. That leaves her unemployed when she comes back. Today the bosses told us that if she wants, until she finds a job in the HVAC industry, she has a job waiting for her at Casa Bueno working in the kitchen. It wwas a huge relief. I have the best bosses in the world. Its nice to know they're looking out for my family. I appreciated it. I fortunately managed to to cry when she told me. Its a huge relief. I have a lot less to worry about now.

I keep thinking lately about my life. I'm a lucky woman. I love my life.

AGxx

No comments:

Post a Comment